Bytown Catering is Environmentally Friendly
Bytown Catering operates in a manner that supports ecological, social and environmental ethics. We have taken steps to ensure the sustainability of our operations.
Each year Bytown Catering invests in reducing the environmental impacts of its operations to:
- Reduce Waste:
- Where disposable service is offered, we only use biodegradable and made from recycled material take-out containers, cups, plates and cutlery
- Use real dishes to the greatest extent possible
- Participate in recycling/diversion programs for specialized disposal of containers, cardboard, kitchen scraps, and grease.
- Reduce Energy Use:
- Buy local wherever and whenever possible
- Participate in programs such as peaksaver® and the installation of instantaneous water heaters
- Purchase ENERGY STAR® rated equipment
- Reduce transportation requirements by efficiently planning catering jobs and combining supplies for multiple catering events in one delivery.
- Reduce Water Use:
- Switched from a water-cooled to an air-cooled refrigeration system for all our cold storage for significant savings in water
- Using Water Conservation dish sprayers that use half the water of regular sprayers with no loss in performance
We have in place a comprehensive Environmental Policy which addresses a wide range of issues, from implementation and communication of the policy, to addressing broader concerns such as economic and social sustainability practices.